Liquid Fracture at Explosive Loading
Paper presents a short review of some results on the cavitation liquid fracture at explosive loading. The problems of the real liquid state (from the viewpoint of its inhomogeneity) and limit tensile stress, as well as the mechanics of the cavitation development excited by intense rarefaction waves and the dynamic feature of breaking of a spherical liquid drop layer under the action of detonation products are considered.
Key wordsExplosive loading Cavitation fracture Two-phase liquid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carlson GA, Henry KW (1973) Technique for studying tension failure in application to glycerol. J. Appl. Physics 42(5)Google Scholar
- Getts IG, Kedrinskii VK (1989) Dynamics of explosive loading for a finite volume of a dense two-phase mixture. J. Appl. Mechanics and Tech. Physics 2: 120–125Google Scholar
- Hammitt FG, Roller A, Ahmed O, Pyun J, Yilmaz E (1976) Cavitation threshold and superheat in various fluids. In: Cavitation, Proc. Intl. Conf., Mech. Eng. Publ. Ltd, London, NY, Edinburg, September 3–5Google Scholar
- Kedrinskii VK (1974) The experimental research and hydrodynamical models of a “sultan”. Arch. Mech. 26 (3): 535–540Google Scholar
- Kedrinskii VK (1978) Surface effects at underwater explosions (review). J. Appl. Mechanics and Tech. Physics 4: 66–87Google Scholar
- Kedrinskii VK (1985) Peculiarities of bubble spectrum behavior in cavitation zone and its effect on wave field parameters. In: Ultrasonics Intl. 85, Proc. Intl. Conf., Butterworth Sci. Ltd London: 225–230Google Scholar
- Kedrinskii VK (1986) On multiplication mechanism of cavitation nuclei. In: ICA, Proc. 12th Intl. Congr. on Acoust., Toronto, July 24–31: 14–8Google Scholar
- Kedrinskii VK (1993) Nonlinear problems of cavity liquid fracture at explosive loading (review). J. Appl. Mechanics and Tech. Physics 3: 74–91Google Scholar
- Nigmatulin RI (1987) Dynamics of Many-Phase Media. Nauka, Moscow, Vol. 2 Chap. 6Google Scholar
- Sirotyuk MG (1968) Experimental study of ultrasonic cavitation. In: Power ultrasonic fields, Nauka, Moscow: 167–220Google Scholar