NS Boundaries and the Proximity Effect in Metal — YBCO Junctions
The Josephson characteristics of YBCO/Au-Ag/Pb SNS junctions were investigated both experimentally and theoretically. A photolithography process together with “in-situ” sputtering preparation of YBCO/Au bilayers has enabled the reproducible fabrication of small junctions on YBCO films with various crystal orientations. Most of the fabricated junctions exhibited a dc Josephson current with a clear Fraunhofer pattern dependence on the applied magnetic field. A numerical analysis based on the Usadel equation revealed that a junction model in which a thin insulating layer was assumed to exist on the YBCO film surface could account for the experimentally observed junction characteristics.
KeywordsCritical Current Density Josephson Junction Magnetic Field Dependence YBCO Film YBCO Thin Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. H. Greene, J. B. Barner, W. L. Feldman, L. A. Farrow, P. F. Miceli, R. Ramesh, B. J. Wilkens, B. B. Bagley, J. M. Tarascon, J. H. Wernick, M. Giroud and J. M. Rowell, Physica C162 - 164, 1069 (1989)Google Scholar
- J. S. Tsai, I. Takeuchi, H. Tsuge, N. Matsukura and S. Miura, Physica, B165 - 166, 1627 (1990)Google Scholar
- M. Yu. Kupriyanov and V. F. Lukichev, Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys., 7, 137 (1981)Google Scholar
- M. Yu. Kupriyanov and V. F. Lukichev, Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys., 8, 526 (1982)Google Scholar
- M. Yu. Kupriyanov and V. F. Lukichev, Sov. Phys. JETP, 67, 1163 (1988)Google Scholar