NS Boundaries and the Proximity Effect in Metal — YBCO Junctions
The Josephson characteristics of YBCO/Au-Ag/Pb SNS junctions were investigated both experimentally and theoretically. A photolithography process together with “in-situ” sputtering preparation of YBCO/Au bilayers has enabled the reproducible fabrication of small junctions on YBCO films with various crystal orientations. Most of the fabricated junctions exhibited a dc Josephson current with a clear Fraunhofer pattern dependence on the applied magnetic field. A numerical analysis based on the Usadel equation revealed that a junction model in which a thin insulating layer was assumed to exist on the YBCO film surface could account for the experimentally observed junction characteristics.
KeywordsAnisotropy Milling Coherence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. H. Greene, J. B. Barner, W. L. Feldman, L. A. Farrow, P. F. Miceli, R. Ramesh, B. J. Wilkens, B. B. Bagley, J. M. Tarascon, J. H. Wernick, M. Giroud and J. M. Rowell, Physica C162 - 164, 1069 (1989)Google Scholar
- J. S. Tsai, I. Takeuchi, H. Tsuge, N. Matsukura and S. Miura, Physica, B165 - 166, 1627 (1990)Google Scholar
- M. Yu. Kupriyanov and V. F. Lukichev, Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys., 7, 137 (1981)Google Scholar
- M. Yu. Kupriyanov and V. F. Lukichev, Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys., 8, 526 (1982)Google Scholar
- M. Yu. Kupriyanov and V. F. Lukichev, Sov. Phys. JETP, 67, 1163 (1988)Google Scholar