Relation Between Tunnel Junction Quality, Anodization Profiles, and Low-Frequency Noise
Anodization profiles and low-frequency noise was investigated for low and high quality Nb-AlOx/Al-Nb (SIS) and, to our knowledge for the first time, for Al-AlOx/Al-Nb (SIN) tunnel junctions.
Our comparison shows a relation among the junction quality (determined by the Vm parameter , low frequency noise, and anodization profile.
KeywordsPower Spectral Density Tunnel Junction Noise Power Spectrum Tunnel Contact Junction Array
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Calculated from Vm = 1/2(0.7 △Jqp R(4 mv)), due to the examined two- junction series array. AJqp is the quasi-particle current at the gap voltage.Google Scholar
- T. Imamura and S. Hasuo, IEEE Trans Mag. MAG-25, 1131 (1989).Google Scholar
- K.-H. Gundlach, IRAM Working Report, No. 203 (1990).Google Scholar
- T. Lehnert and K.-H. Gundlach, unpublished.Google Scholar
- H. Kohlstedt, K.-H. Gundlach and A. Schneider, IEEE Trans. Mag. MAG-27, 3149 (1991).Google Scholar
- E.L. Wolf, Principles of Electron Tunneling Spectroscopy, Plenum Press (1985).Google Scholar