Experimental Repair of Peripheral Nerve Injury Using Venous Autograft
The problem of peripheral nerve injuries and their repair has been of great concern to those practicing medicine since the times of Galen (130–200 A. D.) and Paul of Aegina (seventh century A. D.) [1, 2] and continues to be so in our era of modern microsurgical techniques [3, 4].
KeywordsPeripheral Nerve Injury Common Peroneal Nerve Nerve Repair Venous Graft Anterior Tibial Muscle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ochs S (1980) A brief history of nerve repair and regeneration. Nerve repair and regeneration, pp. 1-8.Google Scholar
- 2.Paulus Aegeneta (Paul of Aegina) (1844–1847) The seven books (Translated by F. Adams), Vol. II, Sydenham Society, London, pp 132–137.Google Scholar
- 3.Millesi H (1982) Peripheral nerve injuries. Nerve sutures and grafting. Scand. J Plast Reconst Surg (Suppl.) 19:25–37.Google Scholar
- 4.Samii M (1975) Use of microtechniques in peripheral nerve surgery. Experience with over 300 cases in hand. Microneurosurgery: 85-93.Google Scholar
- 5.Sunderland S (1978) Nerves and nerve injuries. Churchill Livingstone, London.Google Scholar
- 6.Omer G (1980) Past experience with epineural repair: primary, secondary and grafts. Nerve repair and regeneration: 267-276.Google Scholar
- 9.Rosen JM et al. (1979) Fascicular sutureless and suture repair on peripheral nerves. A comparison study in laboratory animals. Orthop Rev 8:85.Google Scholar
- 11.Ramony Cajal S (1968) Degeneration and regeneration of the nervous system (Translated by R. M. May) (2 Vols) 1928. Reprint by Hafner, New York.Google Scholar
- 12.Godard J, Monnier G, Rouillon D, Jaquet G, Bourchi A, Steimle R (1983) Regenerescence nerveuse à travers un greffon veineux chez le rat. Calendrier Scientifique de la Societé de Neurochirurgie de Langue Francaise, Paris, 28–30 Nov.Google Scholar
- 13.Hirasawa Y, Marmor L (1967) The protective effect of irradiation combined with sheathing methods on experimental nerve heterografts: silastic, autogenous veins and heterogenous arteries. J Neuros 27:489.Google Scholar