Management of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas in Adults in Scandinavia, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands: Conclusions of the Fourth Intercity Meeting, 1988
The fourth Intercity Meeting of the European School of Oncology on non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, chaired by Professor Gösta Gahrton, was held at Huddinge Hospital on 3rd June, 1988. The purpose of the meeting was to present and challenge current treatment strategies in Scandinavia, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. The discussion was based on the following papers: “Critical analysis of pretreatment staging in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma” (Öst), “High-grade malignant non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in Norway. Treatment and clinical aspects” (Abrahamsen), “EORTC studies in malignant lymphoma” (Somers), “Management of high-grade malignant non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Report from a Swedish multi-centre study” (Cavallin-Ståhl), “Biological tumour progression in low-grade malignant non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma” (Nissen), “Management of follicular lymphoma” (Lister), and “Bone marrow transplantation in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma” (Goldstone).
KeywordsChronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Follicular Lymphoma Complete Remission Rate Bone Marrow Involvement Autologous Bone Marrow Transplantation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 11.Bartl R, Frisch B, Burkhardt R (eds) Bone Marrow Biopsies Revisited. S. Karger, Basle 1985Google Scholar
- 12.Lindemalm C, Mellstedt H, Nilsson B, Biberfeld P, Björkholm M, Christensson B, Holm G, Johansson B: Blood clonal B cell excess (CBE) at diagnosis in patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL). Relation to clinical stage, histopathology and response to treatment. Eur J Cancer 1987 (23):749–753CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Goffinet DR, Warnke R, Dunnick NR et al: Clinical and surgical (laparotomy) evaluation of patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas. Cancer Treat Rep 1977 (61):881–922Google Scholar
- 19.French Cooperative Group on CLL (chairman J-L Binet): A randomized comparison of no treatment versus daily chlorambucil in 612 patients with stage A CLL. (Abstract). 4th International Workshop on CLL, Paris 1988Google Scholar
- 20.Callagher CJ, Gregory WM, Jones AE et al: Follicular lymphoma: prognostic factors for response and survival. J Clin Oncol 1986 (4):1470–1480Google Scholar
- 22.Young RC, Longo DL, Glatsein E, Matis LA, Ostchega Y, Nanfro J, DeVita VR Jr: Watchful waiting versus aggressive combined modality therapy in the treatment of stage III-IV indolent non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Proc Ann Meeting Am Soc Clin Oncol 1987 (6):A790Google Scholar
- 27.Bruce WB, Meeker BG, Valeriote FA: Comparison of the sensitivity of normal haemopoietic and transplanted lymphoma colony-forming cells to chemotherapeutic agents administered in vivo. JNCI 1966(36):233–245Google Scholar
- 30.Goldstone AH, Gribben JG, Dones L: Fourth report of EBMT experience of autologous bone marrow transplantation in lymphoma. Bone Marrow Transpl 1987(2 Suppl 1):200–203Google Scholar
- 31.Goldsfone AH, Singer CRJ, Gribben JG, Jarrett M: Autologous bone marrow transplantation in lymphoma. Bone Marrow Transpl 1988 (in press)Google Scholar
- 32.Appelbaum FR, Sullivan KM, Buckner CD, Clift RA, Deeg HJ, Fefer A, Hill R, Mortimer J, Neiman PE, Sanders JE, Singer J, Stewart P, Storb R, Thomas ED: Treatment of malignant lymphoma in 100 patients with chemotherapy, total body irradiation, and marrow transplantation. J Clin Oncol 1987 (5):1340–1347PubMedGoogle Scholar