The emphasis of this year’s report will be seen (1) in the structure of origins and the control of initiation of DNA replication; (2) in aspects related to the cell cycle, such as the pattern of DNA replication; and (3) in some new results on differential DNA replication. For general reviews the reader is referred to the books published by Schvartzman et al. (1986) and Laskey et al. (1987), and the paper by Kienzle-Pfeilsticker (1987). The current status in the understanding of eukaryotic primase, the enzyme that synthesizes the primer or initiator RNAs, was reviewed by Roth (1987), and the properties of DNA polymerases were discussed by So and Downey (1988). Petruska et al. (1988) compared the DNA melting thermodynamics and DNA polymerase fidelity, and Clark (1988) detected a novel nontemplated nucleotide addition reaction catalyzed by the eukaryotic and prokaryotic holo-enzyme.
KeywordsMaize Recombination Ethidium Thymidine Kelly
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Garfield E (1988) Curr Contents 34:3–7.Google Scholar
- Holmquist GP (1987), Amer J Genet 40:151–173.Google Scholar
- Krimer DB, Van’t Hof J (1983) Proc Nat Acad Sci USA 80:1933–1937.Google Scholar
- Kunisada T, Yamagishi H, Kinoshita I, Tsuji H (1986) Plant Cell Physiol 27:355–361.Google Scholar
- Laskey RA, Banks GR, Nurse PM (eds) (1987) Eukaryotic Chromosome Replication. Royal Soc London.Google Scholar
- Nagl W (1989) In: Bajaj YPS (ed) Biotechnology in agriculture and forestry vol 11. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York (in press).Google Scholar
- Schimke RT (1988) J Biol Chem 263:5959–5992.Google Scholar
- Schvartzman JB, Parras LM, Krimer DB (eds) (1986) Replication and segregation of eukaryotic chromosomal DNA. Univ Pais Vasco Serv Editorial, Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain.Google Scholar
- Van’t Hof J (1987) In: Green CE, Somers DA, Hackett WP, Biesboer WP (eds) Plant tissue and cell culture, pp 33–44. Alan R Liss, Inc. New York.Google Scholar
- Van’t Hof J, Bjerknes CA (1982) Mol Cell Biol 2:339–345.Google Scholar