Exploring Homologous tRNA Sequence Data: Positional Mutation Rates and Genetic Distance
The literature provides different proposals for mathematical or biological models for the evolutionary interpretation of sequence data. For example Felsenstein (1983) or Weir (1985, 1988a) reviewed the state of art. Many papers propose models with parameters for different kinds of nucleotide substitutions (e.g. Kimura, 1980; Barry and Hartigan, 1987; Cavender and Felsenstein, 1987; Rempe, 1988). Most models need some assumption of independent and identical distributions for each site. Moreover, they often propose to estimate a lot of parameters together with the unknown phylogeny. Some work was done concerning the sequence itself; e.g. Avery (1987) analysed aspects of intron data and Haselman, Chappelear and Fox (1988) discussed secondary and tertiary interactions of tRNA.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Degens, P.O., Lausen, B., and Vach, W. (1988). Reconstruction of Phylogenies by Distance Data: Mathematical Framework and Statistical Analysis. Research report (88/8), Department of Statistics, University of Dortmund.Google Scholar
- Dopazo, J., Sobrino, F., Domingo, E. and Moya, A. (1988). Polymorphism and Evolution of the VP1 Protein Gene of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus. In: Bock, H.H. (ed.), Classification and Related Methods of Data Analysis, 349–354, North Holland: Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Lausen, B., and Degens, P.O. (1988), Evaluation of the Reconstruction of Phylogenies With DNA-DNA Hybridization Data. In: Bock, H.H. (ed.), Classification and Related Methods of Data Analysis, 367–374, North Holland: Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Rempe, U. (1988). Characterizing DNA Variability by Stochastic Matrices. In: Bock, H.H. (ed.), Classification and Related Methods of Data Analysis, 375–384, North Holland: Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Sprinzl, M., Hartmann, T., Meissner, F., Moll, J. and Vorderwülbecke, T. (1987). Compilation of tRNA Sequences and Sequences of tRNA Genes. Nucleic Acids Research, 15, Supplement, r53–r188.Google Scholar
- Weir, B.S. (1988b). Sampling Properties of Sequence Statistics. Proceedings of the XIVth International Biometric Conference, Namur 1988, 145–156.Google Scholar