Proton Solitons in Hydrogen-Bonded Networks
A two component soliton model is proposed for the study of defect formation and dynamics in a hydrogen-bonded network. Both ionic and orientational defects are described as distinct topological excitations in a doubly periodic substrate potential. Numerical studies of the interaction properties of both types of solitons present in the model are discussed.
KeywordsSoliton Sine Topo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. B. Hobbs, Ice Physics. Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Onsager, Science 156, 541 (1967); 166, 1359 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.G. P. Tsironis and St. Pnevmatikos, to be published, Phys. Rev. B;Google Scholar
- 5.St. Pnevmatikos and G. P. Tsironis, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Zolotaryuk, Proceedings of the International Seminar on Biophysical Aspects of Cancer, ed. J. Fiala and J. Pokorny, Charles University, Prague 1987.Google Scholar