Statistical Physics of Domain Walls and Grain Boundaries in Ordering Kinetics
It is now well recognized that topological defects like domain walls, vortex lines etc. play crucial roles at late stages of ordering Kinetics . However, treatments of generally interconnected and interacting topological defects present formidable problems of cooperative dynamics in complex physical systems. In this talk we take up two concrete examples studied recently in our research group.
KeywordsDomain Wall Vortex Line Topological Defect Reconnection Process Friction Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Kawasaki: In Proceedings of the 1986 Summer School on Statistical Mechanics, ed. by C-K. Hu (Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica,Tapei 1987 ) J. D. Gunton: In Fluctuations and Stochastic Phenomena in Condensed Matter. ed. by L. Garrido ( Springer, Heidelberg 1987 )Google Scholar
- 2.K. Kawasaki, A. Ogawa and T. Nagai: Physica B 149. 97 (1988) and earlier references quoted thereinGoogle Scholar
- 5.R. L. Fullman, In Metal Interfaces (American Society for Metals, Cleveland 1952) A. Soares, A. C. Ferro and M. A. Fortes, Scr. Metall. 19. 1491 1985 )Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kawasaki: In Ordering and Organization in Ionic Solutions, ed. by N. Ise and I. Sogami (World Scientific, Singapore 1988) T. Nagai, K. Kawasaki and K. Nakamura, J.Phys. Soc. Jpn. 57, 2221 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.K. Kawasaki, T. Nagai and K. Nakashima, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 8.R. Savit: In Competing Interactions and Microstruetures: Statics and Dynamics, ed. by R. LeSar, A. Bishop and R. Heffner, ( Springer,Heidelberg 1988 )Google Scholar