Part of the ESO Monographs book series (ESO MONOGRAPHS)
Methodological Issues in the Investigation of Diet and Cancer in Humans
Interest in the relation between diet and cancer has grown in recent years from the points of view of both scientific research and public health action.
KeywordsFatty Acid Composition Relative Validity Food Composition Table Individual Diet Dietary Assessment Method
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of the Carcinogenic Risk of Chemicals to Humans: Alcohols and Alcoholic Beverages. Lyon 1988, Vol 44 (in press)Google Scholar
- 6.Yu MC, Ho JH, Henderson BE, Armstrong RW: Epidemiology of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in Malaysia and Hong-Kong. NCI Monogr 1985 (69):203–207Google Scholar
- 15.Moller-Jensen O, Wahrendorf J, Rosenqvist A, Geser A: The reliability of questionnaire-derived dietary information and temporal stability of food habits in individuals. Am J Epidemiol 1984 (120):281– 290Google Scholar
- 16.Muller BJ, Krantzler NJ, Grivetti LE, Schutz HG, Meiselman HL: Validity of a food frequency questionnaire for determination of individual food intake. Am J Clin Nutr 1984 (39):136–143Google Scholar
- 18.Riboli E, Caperle M, Sabatino C, Crespi M: Evaluation of dietary assessment methods: pilot phase of a case-control study on colorectal polyps. It J Gastr 1986 (18):245–248Google Scholar
- 19.Riboli E, Pbquignot G, Repetto F, Axerio M, Faymond L, Boffetta P, Zubiri A, Del Moral A. Estève J, Tuyns AJ: A comparative study of smoking, drinking and dietary habits in population samples in Italy, Spain, Switzerland and France. I. Study design and dietary habits. Rev Epidémiol Santé Publ 1987 (in press)Google Scholar
- 20.Paul AA, Southgate DAT: McCance and WkJdowson’s The Composition of Foods, 4th Edition. London: Her Majesty’s Stationery Office, 1978Google Scholar
- 24.Smith WCS, Tavendale R, Tunstall-Pedoe H: Simplified subcutaneous fat biopsy for nutritional surveys. Human Nutr: Clin Nutr 1986 (40C):323–325Google Scholar
- 26.Ways P, Hanahan DJ: Characterization and qualification of red cell lipids in normal men. J Lip Res 1964 (5):318–328Google Scholar
- 32.van Staveren WJ, Deurenberg P, Katan MB, Burema J, de Groot ICPGM, Hoffmans MDAF: Validity of the fatty acid composition of subcutaneous fat tissue microbiopsies as an estimate of the long-term average fatty acid composition of the diet to separate individuals. Am J Epidemiol 1986 (123):455–463PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 35.Angelico F, Amedeo P, Guccione P, Montali A, Menotti A, Ricci G, Urbinati GC: Dietary and red blood cell fatty acid changes after a four-year dietary intervention in the Rome project of Coronary Heart Disease Prevention. Clin Ter Cardiovase 1982 (1):1–7Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1989