Robotics System—Elephant Trunk Type Elastic Manipulator Combined with a Quadruped Walking Machine
The last years have brought several publications in the field of combined system, namely manipulator located on a mobile robot. This paper describes the design of mechanical and control systems, which will be able to perform different manipulation and locomotion activities. A method of analysis of a manipulator with flexible links, employ finite element method, is proposed. The legs of the walking machine imitate the limbs of mammals (rabbits, dogs, horses), so forelegs are different from hind legs. The mathematical model of such a walking machine includes the model of the mechanical part of the system (this part executes the movement) as well as the control part of the system. For the execution part a concept of indirect control is introduced. In this paper same problems concerning the following of a given trajectory and the so called balancing procedure are presented.
KeywordsMobile Robot Gait Parameter Mechanical Part Control Part Theoretical State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.Morecki A.’Malczyk G.: Mathematical Model of A Flexible Manipulator of the Elephant’s-trunk-type. Preprints of Ro.Man.Sy’86.Six CISM-IFToMM Symposium on Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators, Sept. 9–13,86Google Scholar
- /2/.Fraczek J.:The analysis of dynamics of a robot with elastic links’.’ 1st National Conference on Robotics. Scientific Papers of the Institute of Technical Cybernetics.Na 66,vol 2. Wroclaw 1985Google Scholar
- /3/.Haug,E.J.’C.Wu,S.Kim : “Dynamics of Flexible Machines:A Variational Approach”.IUTAMM/IFToMM Symposium Dynamics of Multibody Systems. Udine,Italy,Sept.’16–20, 1985.Google Scholar
- /4/.Jaworek K.’Morecki A.’Pogorzelski W.’Zielinska T. “Some problems of the design and control of a quadruped walking machine MK-4” VII-th IFToMM World Congress on Theory of Machines and Mechanisms.Sevilla’ Spain,Sept.1987/in printing/Google Scholar
- /5/.Zielinska T.Modelling of gait of the quadruped walking machine /Ph.D Dissertation/,Warsaw University of Technology,Febr.1987 /Supervisor Morecki A./Google Scholar
- /6/.Pogorzelski W.“MK-4 walking machine as system with intelligence” XI National Conference on Theory of Machines and Mechanisms’’Zakopane 1987 /in printing/Google Scholar
- /7/.Aleksander I.:Designing Intelligent Systems.Kogan Page.London 1984/ /1986.Google Scholar