Background Factors of Parasuicide in Denmark
In Denmark, as in most other Western countries, the increasing rates of parasuicide have given rise to growing concern, and a considerable part of the research on suicidal behavior in recent years has been concentrating on this special type of self-destructive behavior. The aim of this paper is to review some of the results of research carried out at the Institute of Psychiatry at O dense University Hospital.
KeywordsAttempted Suicide Suicidal Behavior Social Integration Background Factor Social Loneliness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bille-Brahe U (1982) Levekårene i Fyns Amt. Odense UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Bille-Brahe U, Kolmos L, Hansen W, Pamas W, Wang AG (1982) Suicide attempts in Fyn 1980–1981. An interview study. Danish Data Archive, Odense University, DDA-401Google Scholar
- Diekstra RFW (1982) Epidemiology of attempted suicide in the EEC. Biol Psychiatry 162:1–16Google Scholar
- Durkheim E (1979) Suicide. A study in sociology. Routledge and Kegan, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Hansen EJ (1978) The Danish welfare study. Danish Data Archive, Odense University DDA-070Google Scholar
- Juel-Nielsen N (1980) Forskning vedrørende suicidal adfaerd. Ugeskr Laeger 142:31–32Google Scholar