I saw a cartoon where a doctor says to his patient “Madam, I cannot guarantee a cure, but I can offer a change of side effects”.
KeywordsMild Hypertension Dietary Advice Sodium Restriction Diabetic Hypertensive Patient Diabetic Diet
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Pacy PJ, Dodson PM, Kubicki AJ, Fletcher RF, Taylor KG (in press, 1987) Difference in lipid and lipoprotein levels in white, black and asian non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetics with hypertension. Diabet ResGoogle Scholar
- 3.Dodson PM (1987) Diet in the treatment of hypertension. In: Nutrition and blood pressure. Editor P Bursztyn. John Libbey & Company Ltd., Chapter 9: pp 145–162Google Scholar
- 7.Dodson PM, Beevers M, Hallworth R, Webberley MJ, Fletcher RF and Taylor KG (1987) Sodium and blood pressure in the hypertensive type II diabetic: randomised blind controlled and cross-over studies of moderate sodium restriction and sodium supplementation. Proc Nutr Soc 46: 22 ACrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Pacy PJ, Dodson PM and Fletcher RF (1986) Effect of a high carbohydrate, low sodium, and low fat diet in type II diabetics with moderate hypertension. Int J Obesity 10: 43–52Google Scholar
- 9.Dodson PM, Pacy PJ, Webberley MV, Fletcher RF and Taylor KG (1985) One year follow-up treatment of hypertension in type II diabetic subjects with a high cereal fibre, low fat, and low sodium dietary regimen. Proc Nutr Soc 44: 129 AGoogle Scholar
- 10.Stamler R, Stamler J, Grimm R, Gosch CF, Elmer P, Dyer A, Berman R, Fishman J, Van Heel N, Civinelli J, McDonald A (1987) Nutritional therapy for high blood pressure: final report of a four-year randomized controlled trial — the hypertension control program. JAMA, Vol 257, No 11: 1485–1491CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Pacy PJ, Dodson PM, Kubicki AJ, Fletcher RF and Taylor KG (1984) Comparison of the hypotensive and metabolic effects of metoprolol therapy with a high fibre, low sodium, low fat diet in hypertensive type II diabetic subjects. Diab Res 1: 201–207Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1988