Mathematical Aspects of the Feature Pattern Analysis
The Feature Pattern Analysis (FPA), as introduced by Feger (1988), is a method which analyzes a set of observed patterns with respect to co-occurrence. The mathematical formalism of the FPA and the several logically equivalent alternative forms of its representation as geometrical configurations, sets of contingencies and sets of prediction rules are described. Mathematical conditions for the uniqueness and existence of Type I and Type II FPA-solutions are discussed. A fast algorithm is developed to construct a two dimensional FPA-solution using Hasse-diagrams.
KeywordsUniqueness Theorem Prediction Rule Formal Concept Analysis Oriented Matroids Zero Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BJÖRNER, A., LAS VERGNAS, M., STURMFELS, B., WHITE, N., ZIEGLER, G.M. (1993): Oriented Matroids, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- BOKOWSKI, J. (1994): On Recent Progress in Computational Synthetic Geometry. Preprint TH Darmstadt.Google Scholar
- BOKOWSKI, J., STURMFELS, B. (1989): Computational Synthetic Geometry, Springer Verlag, Berlin - Heidelberg - New YorkGoogle Scholar
- BREHM, M., (1995): Grundlagen der Feature Pattern Analysis, Master Thesis.Google Scholar
- BREHM, M., (1996a): The Representation of Feature Pattern Analysis-solutions as Pseudoline-arrangements. In H. Feger and M Brehm, (eds.), (Under Review) New developments in Feature Pattern Analysis.Google Scholar
- BREHM, M., (1996b): Existence and Construction of FPA-solutions. In H. Feger and M Brehm, (eds.), (Under Review) New developments in Feature Pattern Analysis.Google Scholar
- FEGER, H. (1988): Spatial Representations of Feature Patterns. In H. H. Bock (eds.), Classification and Related Methods of Data Analysispp. 431–437. Amsterdam: North Holland.Google Scholar
- FEGER, H. (1994): Structure Analysis of Co-occurrence Data. Aachen: Shaker Verlag.Google Scholar
- GRéNBAUM, B. (1972): Arrangements and spreads, CBMS Regional Conference Series in Math., 10, Amer. Math. Soc, Providence, R.I.Google Scholar
- RINGEL, G. (1957): Über Geraden in allgemeiner Lage, Elemente der Mathematik, 12, 75–82.Google Scholar