A Hybrid Origin of Japanese Mice “Mus musculus molossinus”
- 75 Downloads
Taxonomy of the house mouse, Mus musculus is currently being extensively discussed. Feral and commensal forms of Mus musculus provide an important pool of genes (Morse 1978). In order to unify the taxonomy of the species, it is necessary to accumulate and integrate many lines of experimental evidence. The information on Asiatic mice is still incomplete.
KeywordsHouse Mouse Wild Mouse European Mouse Mouse Subspecies Asiatic Mouse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boursot P, Bonhomme F, Britton-Davidian J, Catalan J, Yonekawa H, Orisini P, Guerassimov S, Thaler L (1984) Introgression differentielle des Genomes nucleaires et mitochondriaux chez duex semiespeces europeennes de souris. CR Acad Sci Paris 299:365–370Google Scholar
- Egami N, Umehara T, Kamiyama S, Nakane C (eds) (1980) Nihonjin towa nanika. (What characters does Japanese human race have in the fields of physical and cultural antholopology?) Proc Amagi Symp, (In Japanese) Kodansha, TokyoGoogle Scholar
- Marshall JT (1981) Taxonomy. In Foster HL, Small JD Fox JG (eds) The mouse in biomedical research, vol 1, Academic Press, New York, p17Google Scholar
- Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T, Yonekawa H, Miyashita N, Sagai T (1982) Genetic status of Japanese wild mice and immunological characters of their H-2 antigens. In Muramatsu T, Gachelin G, Moscona AA, Ikawa Y (eds) Teratocarcinoma and embryonic cell interactions. Japan Scientific Societv Press, Tokyo and Academic Press, New York, p157Google Scholar
- Morse HC (ed.) (1978) Origin of inbred mice, Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Sage RD (1981) Wild mice. In Foster HL, Small JD, Fox JG (eds) The mouse in biomedical research, vol 1. Academic Press New York p90Google Scholar
- Suzuki H, Miyashita N, Moriwaki K, Kominami R, Muramatsu M, Kanehisa T, Bonhomme F, Wang CH, Lu DY (to be published) Heterogeneity of the non-transcribed spacer region of ribosomal DNA repeating units in various subspecies of Mus musculus. Mol Biol EvolGoogle Scholar
- Thaler L, Bonhomme F, Britton-Davidian J (1981) Processes of speciation and seni-speciation in the house mouse. Symp Zool Soc London 47: 2 7–41Google Scholar