Transluminal Vascular Stenting and Grafting
The introduction of percutaneous transluminal methods has widened and changed the therapeutic spectrum of vascular disease. Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), transluminal catheter lysis, and thromboembolectomy have in many cases replaced the need for surgical therapy. The concept of transluminal vascular stenting (TVS) or grafting (TVG) is yet another step toward complementing or even supplanting surgery in the treatment of both obstructive and aneurysmal-vascular disease.
KeywordsPortacaval Shunt Endovascular Stents Expandable Prosthesis Large Stents Expansile Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Maass D, Demierre D, Deaton D, Largiader F, Senning A (1983) Transluminal implantation of self- adjusting expandable prosthesis: principles, techniques, and results. Prog Artificial Organs 979–987Google Scholar
- 10.Charnsangavej Ch, Ogawa K, Wright KC, McKenna R, Carrasco H, Wallace S, Gianturco C (1985) Endovascular stent for vena cava stenosis: laboratory experiment and potential clinical applications. Presented at the 71st Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, Chicago, November 1985Google Scholar
- 11.Sigwart HU Dept of Cardiology, University Hospi-tal Lausanne, Switzerland (Unpublished data)Google Scholar
- 12.Palmaz JC, Windeler AS, Garcia F, Tio FO, Sibbitt RR, Reuter StR (1985) Expandable intraluminal grafting in atherosclerotic rabbit aortas. Presented at the 71st Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, Chicago, November 1985Google Scholar
- 13.Palmaz JC, Sibbitt R, Reuter StR (1986) Experimental experience with the Palmaz intraluminal stent. Presented at the joint meeting of the CIRSE and SCVIR, Jerusalem, May 1986Google Scholar
- 14.Palmaz JC, Sibbitt RR, Reuter StR, Garcia F, Tio FO (1985) Expandable intrahepatic portacaval shunt stents: Early experience in the dog. AJR 145: 821–825Google Scholar
- 15.Rosch J, Hanafee WN, Snow H (1969) Transjugular portal venography and radiologic portacaval shunt: an experimental study. Radiology 92: 1113–1114Google Scholar
- 16.Maass D (1986) Neue Methoden in der GefaB- chirurgie. Neue Ziircher Zeitung 35 (12. Feb. 86) 71Google Scholar