Seabird Census and Study Techniques
Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (volume 12)
In order to carry out an effective conservation programme, or to model bird population dynamics, accurate data on the size and dynamics of avian populations are required.
KeywordsWing Length Avian Population Nest Number Johnston Atoll Molt Pattern
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Clark, L., R.E. Ricklefs and R.W. Schreiber (1983). Nest-site selection by the Red-tailed Tropicbird. Auk 100: 953–959.Google Scholar
- Croxall, J.P., P.G.H. Evans and R.W. Schreiber, Eds. (1984). Status and conservation of the world’s seabirds. ICBP Technical Publication No. 2.Google Scholar
- Gould, P.J., D.J. Forsell, and C.J. Lensink (1982). Pelagic distribution and abundance of seabirds in the gulf of Alaska and eastern Bering Sea. U.S. Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Biol. Services Programme, FWS/OBS 82/84. 294 p.Google Scholar
- Ralph, C.J., and J.M. Scott, Eds. (1981). Estimating numbers of terrestrial birds. Studies in Avian Biology No. 6, Cooper Ornithological Society, 630 p.Google Scholar
- Schreiber, E.A., and R.W. Schreiber. In press. Permanent nest markers for ground nesting birds. Journ. of Field Ornithology.Google Scholar
- Schreiber, R.W., and E.A. Schreiber. Christmas Island (Pacific Ocean) seabirds and the El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO): 1984 perspectives. In Medmaravis, Proceedings first Mediterranean Seabird Symposium (this volume), Springer Verlag Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Schreiber, R.W., D.W. Anderson, E.A. Schreiber and D. Bradley. In prep. Plumage and molt of the Brown Pelican.Google Scholar
- Schreiber, R.W., and J. Chovan. In prep. Roosting by pelagic seabirds: energetic, populational and social considerations.Google Scholar
- Sowls, A.L., A.R. DeGange, J.W. Nelson, and G.S. Lester (1980). Catalog of California seabird colonies. U.S. Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Biol. Services Program. FWS/OBS 37/80. 371 p.Google Scholar
- Swanson, N.M. (1976). Seabird islands No. 32, Mutton Bird Island, New South Wales. Aust. Bird Bander 14: 88–91.Google Scholar
- Vermeer, K., I. Robertson, R.W. Campbell, G. Kaiser, and M. Lemon (1983). Distribution and densities of marine birds on the Canadian west coast. Environment Canada, 73 p.Google Scholar
- Verner, J. (1985). Assessment of counting techniques. Current Ornithology Vol. 2, pp. 247–302. R.F. Johnston, Ed. Plenum Publ. Corp.Google Scholar
- Wiens, J.A., J.F. Addicott, T.J. Case, and J. Diamond (1986). Overview: the importance of spatial and temporal scale in ecological investigations. Chapt. 8, pp. 146–153 in Diamond, J. and T.J. Case, Eds., Community Ecology. Harper and Row, New York.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1986