Ciclosporin in Autoimmune Diseases — Side Effects (with Emphasis on Renal Dysfunction) and Recommendations for Use
Based on theoretical considerations, results of animal studies in various autoimmune disease models and anecdotal experience in patients , a systematic clinical research programme of ciclosporin (CyA) treatment in various autoimmune diseases was undertaken in 1982. About 1000 patients have since been treated with CyA, and the side-effect profile is emerging.
KeywordsPrimary Biliary Cirrhosis Uveitis Posterior Papillary Adenoma Serum Creati Autoimmune Disease Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bennet WM, Pulliam JP (1983) Cyclosporine nephrotoxicity. Ann Intern Med 99:851Google Scholar
- 3.Borel JF, von Graffenried B (1984) Sand-immun (cyclosporin A) and autoimmunity. In• Lambert PH, Perrin L, Izui S (eds) Recent Advances in SLE. Academic Press, London, p 313Google Scholar
- 7.Gutsche HU, Delz E, Luneburg M, et al. (1984) Effect of cyclosporine on the proximal tubular function of the rat kidney. IXth Int. Congress of Nephrology, Los Angeles, June 1984, Abstract, 475AGoogle Scholar
- 10.Mihatsch MJ, Thiel G, Spichtin HP, et al. (1983) Morphological findings in kidney transplants after treatment with cyclospor- ine. Transplant Proc 15:2821Google Scholar
- 11.Myers BD, Ross J, Newton L, et al. (1984) Cyclosporine-associated chronic nephropathy N Engl J Med 311:699Google Scholar
- 12.Neild GH, Rocchi G, Imbert L, et al. (1984) Effect of cyclosporine on prostacyclin synthesis by vascular tissue in rabbits. In:Kahan BD (ed) Cyclosporine. Grune and Stratton, Orlando, p 182Google Scholar