Part of the Dahlem Workshop Reports book series (DAHLEM, volume 29)
A failure to understand instances of selective association in the context of a general learning process results in a very superficial analysis.
KeywordsLithium Defend Naloxone Pentobarbital Saccharin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (2).Coil, J.D., and Garcia, J. 1977. Conditioned taste aversion: The illness US. In Biological Approaches to Learning: Papers presented at the Northeastern Regional Meeting of the Animal Behavior Society, pp. 1–28. St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.Google Scholar
- (5).Garcia, J., and Rusiniak, K.W. 1980. What the nose learns from the mouth. In Chemical Signals: Vertebrates and Aquatic Invertebrates, eds. D. Muller-Schwarze and R.M. Silverstein, pp. 141–156. New York: Plenum Press.Google Scholar
- (7).Lett, B.T. 1983. Pavlovian drug-sickness pairings result in the conditioning of an antisickness response. Behay. Neurosci. 97: 779–784.Google Scholar
- (9).LoLordo, V.M. 1979. Selective associations. In Mechanisms of Learning and Motivation: A Memorial Volume to Jerzy Konorski, eds. A. Dickinson and R.A. Boakes, pp. 367–398. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.Google Scholar
- (10).Mackintosh, N.J. 1977. Stimulus selection: Learning to ignore stimuli that predict no change in reinforcement. In Constraints on Learning: Limitations and Predispositions, eds. R.A. Hinde and J. Stevenson-Hinde, pp. 75–96. London: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- (11).Revusky, S. 1977. Learning as a general process with an emphasis on data from feeding experiments. In Food Aversion Learning, eds. N.W. Milgram, L. Krames, and T.M. Alloway, pp. 1–51. New York: Plenum Press.Google Scholar
- (14).Revusky, S., and Garcia, J. Learned associations over long delays. In The Psychology of Learning and Motivation: Advances in Theory and Research, ed. G. Bower, vol. 4, pp. 1–83. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- (15).Rozin, P. 1976. The evolution of intelligence and access to the cognitive unconscious. In Progress in Psychobiology and Physiological Psychology, eds. J.M. Sprague and A.N. Epstein, vol. 6, pp. 245–280. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- (18).Shettleworth, S.J. 1978. Reinforcement and the organization of behavior in golden hamsters: Punishment of three action patterns. Learn. Motiv. 9: 93–123.Google Scholar
- (19).Taukulis, H.K. 1974. Odor aversions produced over long CS-US delays. Behay. Biol. 10: 505–510Google Scholar
- (21).Wilson, E.O. 1975. Sociobiology: The New Synthesis. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press of Harvard University.Google Scholar
© Berlin, Heildelberg, New York, Tokyo: Springer-Verlag 1984