As an introduction to this section on prostaglandins I would like to present a number of reasons why prostaglandins are of interest to nephrologists.
KeywordsPatent Ductus Arteriosus Plasma Renin Activity Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System Indomethacin Therapy Vasodilatory Prostaglandin
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dunn MJ, Liard JF, Dray F (1978) Basal and stimulated rates of renal secretion and excretion of prostaglandins E2, Fa and 13, 14-dihydro-15-keto Fa in the dog. Kidney Int 13: 136–143Google Scholar
- Granström E, Kindahl H (1978) Radioimmuno-assay of prostaglandins and thromboxanes. In: Frölich (ed) Advances in prostaglandin and thromboxane research, vol 5. Raven NY, pp 119–210Google Scholar
- Janggen H, Janggen FM, Lüthy CH, Siegrist M, Oetliker O (1984) Interrelation of lipoproteins and prostaglandin metabolism of cultured human skin fibroblast. (Manuscript in preparation )Google Scholar
- Kirschenbaum MA, Serros ER (1980) Are prostaglandins natriuretic? Mineral Electrolyte Metab 3: 112–121Google Scholar
- Muirhead EE, Germain G, Leach BE, Pitcock JA, Stephenson P, Brooks B, Brosins WL, Daniels EG, Kinman JW (1972) Production of renomedullary prostaglandins by renomedullary interstitial cells grown in tissue culture. Circ Res 30–31 [Suppl 2]: 161–172Google Scholar
- Robillard JE, Gomez RA, VanOrden D, Smith FG (1982a) Comparison of the adrenal and renal responses to angiotensin II in fetal lambs and adult sheep. Circ Res 50: 140Google Scholar
- Stokes JB (1981a) Prostaglandins and the regulation of NaCl transport across renal epithelia. Miner Electr Metab 6: 35Google Scholar
- Stokes JB (1981b) Integrated actions of renal medullary prostaglandins in the control of water excretion. Am J Physiol 240: F471Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin, Heidelberg 1984