Mouse L Cells Expressing Human HLA-DR Antigens After Transfection with Class II Genes Do Not Stimulate Human T Lymphocytes
The HLA class II determinants are involved in activation of T4 lymphocytes. These dimeric cell membrane molecules are glycoproteins comprised of one α and one β chain subunit and are expressed mainly on B cells and accessory lymphoid cells . Recent data has revealed that the class II region most probably encompasses a complexity of loci: DR coding for three β and one α chain, DQ and DP each coding for two β and α two a chains [2, 11].
KeywordsLymphoid Cell Line Murine Major Histocompatibility Complex London Hospital Medical College Homozygous Typing Cell Geneva Medical School
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.dePreval C, Rabourdin-Combe C, Gorski J, Mach B (1984) Expression of a single HLA-DR antigen on DNA transfected mouse cells: analysis by a panel of monoclonal antibodies. In: Disease markers, vol. 2, special issue: human MHC class II antigens; genetics structure and function. Wiley, New York (in press)Google Scholar
- 2.dePreval C, Gorski J, Mack B (1984) Molecular complexity of the HLA-DR, DC, and SB genes and genotypic split of HLA-DR serological specificities by “DNA typing” (this volume)Google Scholar
- 4.Gorski J, et al. Manuscript in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lemonnier FA, le Bouteiller PP, Malissen B, Golstein P, Malissen M, Mishal Z, Caillol DH, Jordan BR, Kourilsky FM (1983) Transformation of murine LMTK-cells with purified HLA class I genes. I. Modification of confirmation of murine β2-microglobulin upon its association with HLA heavy chains. J Immunol 130: 1432–1437PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 14.Moen T (1982) Primed lymphocyte typing (PLT): application in typing for HLA-D locus determinants. In: Ferrone S, Solheim BG (eds) HLA typing: methodology and clinical aspects. II. CRC Press, Boca Raton pp 71–81Google Scholar
- 17.Qvigstad E, Gaudernack G, Thorsby E (1984) Antigen- specific T cell clones restricted by DR, MT or SB class II HLA molecules. Inhibition studies with monoclonal HLA-specific antibodies. Hum Immunol (in press)Google Scholar