Dutch Mycosis Fungoides Study Group
Since 1975 a multicentered group on mycosis fungoides has been active in the Netherlands. All seven university departments of Dermatology participate in this group and the vast majority of the patients with mycosis fungoides are treated in these centers (Hamminga and Van Vloten 1980). The objective was to face the problems on the management of these patients and to obtain uniformity in the management. We felt that every clinic has its right to treat patients according to their own ideas and experience, however, it was agreed upon that diagnosis, staging and therapy should run along uniform lines. In the Netherlands with a population of about 14 million, 15–20 new cases are reported every year. In 1980 the total number of patients with mycosis fungoides under treatment and follow-up was 141.
KeywordsMycosis Fungoides Nitrogen Mustard Cutaneous Lymphoma Blind Lymph Node Total Skin Electron Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bunn PA, Huberman MS, Wang-Peng J, Schechter GP, Guccion JG, Matthew MJ, Gazdar AF, Dunnick NR, Fishmann AB, Ihde DC, Cohen MH, Fossieck B, Minna JD (1980) Prospective staging evaluation of patients with cutaneous T cell lymphomas. Ann Intern Med 93: 232–230Google Scholar
- Hamminga L, Noordijk EM, van Vloten WA (to be published) Treatment of mycosis fungoides: total skin electron beam irradiation versus topical mechlorethamine. Arch DermatolGoogle Scholar
- Lamberg SI, Green SB, Bijar DP, Block JB, Clendenning WE, Epstein EH, Fuks ZY, Golitz LE, Lorincz AL, Michel B, Roenigh HH, van Scott EJ, Vonderheid EC, Thomas RJ (1979) Status report of 376 mycosis fungoides patients at 4 years: mycosis fungoides cooperative group. Cancer Treat Rep 63: 701–707PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Meijer CJLM, van der Loo EM, van Vloten WA, van der Velde EA, Scheffer E, Cornelisse CJ Early diagnosis of mycosis fungoides and Sézary’s syndrome by morphometric analysis of lymphoid cells in the skin. Cancer 45:2864–2871Google Scholar
- Van Vloten WA, Schaberg A, van der Ploeg M (1977 a) Cytophotometric studies on mycosis fungoides and other cutaneous reticuloses. Bull Cancer (Paris) 64:249–258Google Scholar