Electron Beam Quality Parameters and Absorbed Dose Distributions from Therapy Accelerators
The quality of therapeutic electron beams is often specified by one single parameter, namely, the energy as determined from the practical range. However, the practical range is a parameter which is generally not directly related to the therapeutically useful part of the absorbed dose distribution. Therefore, further parameters are needed  to obtain a specification of the beam quality which is more relevant from a therapeutic point of view and, at the same time, simple.
KeywordsTherapeutic Range Energy Spread Angular Spread Surface Dose Dose Gradient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.de Almeida, CE, Almond PR (1974) Radiol 111:439Google Scholar
- 2.Berger MI, Seltzer SM (1969) Paper presented at the 12th Int. Cong. Radiol. Tokyo, JapanGoogle Scholar
- 3.Brahme A (1975) Thesis, University of StockholmGoogle Scholar
- 5.Brahme A (1977) Paper presented at the 14th Int. Cong. Radiol. Rio de Janeiro, BrasilGoogle Scholar
- 6.HPA (1971) (Hospital Physicist Association) Rep Ser No 4Google Scholar
- 9.Brahme A (1978) Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Swedish Association of Physicists in Medicine, ÖrebroGoogle Scholar
- 10.Lax I, Brahme A (1980) (to be published in Acta Radiol)Google Scholar