Comparative Mutagenic Evaluation of Some Industrial Compounds
In the past few years, a number of compounds of industrial relevance have been tested by our group, using test systems for the detection of genetic effects in bacteria, yeasts, cultured mammalian cells, and laboratory animals. Essentially, the aim of such studies is to collect data which allow an evaluation of the possible genotoxic activity of chemicals produced on an industrial scale, molecules to which human exposure is unique with respect to intensity, duration, or possibility of synergistic effects.
KeywordsEpoxide Saccharomyces Paration Butene Toxicology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Loprieno N, Barale R, Baroncelli S, Bartsch H, Bronzetti G, Cammellini A, Corsi C, Frezza D, Nieri R, Leporini C, Rosellini D, Rossi AM (1977) Induction of gene mutations and gene conversions by vinyl chloride metabolites in yeasts. Cancer Res 36:253–257Google Scholar
- 4.NCI Carcinogenesis Technical Report Series No 2 (1976). Carcinogenesis bioassay of trichloroethylene CAS No 79–01–6. US Dept of Health Education and Welfare, DHEW Publ No 76–802, pp 197Google Scholar
- 6.Simmons VF, Kauhanen K, Tardiff RG (1977) Mutagenic activity of chemicals identified in drinking water. In: Scott D, Bridges BA, Sobels FH (eds) Progress in genetic toxicology. Elsevier, Amsterdam, p 249–258Google Scholar
- 8.Shahin MM, Borstel RC von (1977) Mutagenic and lethal effects of a-benzene hexachloride, dibutyl phtalate and trichloroethylene in Saccharo-myces cerevisiae. Mutat Res 18:173–180Google Scholar
- 11.Longstaff E, McGregor DB (1978) Mutagenicity of α-halocarbon refrigerant monochlorodifluoromethane (R-22) in Salmonella typhimurium. Toxicology 2:1–4Google Scholar
- 12.Loprieno N, Barale R, Baroncelli S, Bronzetti G, Cammellini A, Corsi G, Lepprini C, Nieri R, Rossi AM (1976) Screening tests in chemical carcinogenesis. IARC Sci Publ 12:505–516Google Scholar
- 13.Loprieno N (1977) Colloques internationaux du CNRS no 256. Cancerogen Chim 256:315–331Google Scholar