Collisionless Intramolecular Vibrational Relaxation in SF6
There has always been great interest in the limits of applicability of statistical mechanics. For example the point is often made that statistical concepts describe macroscopic systems very well. On the other hand, a tiny dynamical system such as a single isolated molecule may behave in a non-ergodic manner.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3a.J.F. Bott, Appl. Phys. Lett. 32, 624 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.S.L. Shapiro (ed.): Ultrashort Light Pulses, Topics in Applied Physics, Vol.18 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1977).Google Scholar
- 10.T.F. Deutsch and S.R.J. Brueck, to be published.Google Scholar
- 12.The measured energy deposited with pump pulses of varying duration in the picosecond range will be discussed in a forthcoming paper. H.S. Kwok and E. Yablonovitch, to be published.Google Scholar
- 13.The scan in Fig.5(c) was actually taken with the P(28) line of the CO2 laser since the ν3 resonance was temperature shifted by preheating. All other scans were made at P(20).Google Scholar
- 14.The usual condition for adiabatic decay of a given level population in Δω/ΔωL >> l where Δω is the frequency mismatch and ΔωL is the laser linewidth.Google Scholar