Study of Floc-Blanket Clarifier, Combined with Lamella Settlement under the Condition of Prolonged Coagulation
Water clarification working on the principles of contact flocculation is well known from 60 — 70 years ago. Since then different kinds of clarifiers have been constructed and used, where the separation of pre-destabilised colloidal particles from water is effected by the floe-blanket of previously formed flocs. Setting up and the quality of the floc blanket in these facilities working on the principle of hydraulic fluidization, depend on different factors as well as on coagulant dose, quality of formed flocs, upwards stream velocity in the floc — blanket zone, etc. (Aзepвьep, 1952, Mиндц and Kacтaльcкий, 1962; Tesarik, 1967, Miller and West, 1968). Recently, lamellas are set up above the floc-blanket. It is considered that the floc-blanket is stabilised and high treatment effect is achieved at a considerable increased upward flow velocity, about 1.6 up to 1.8 mm/s, while in common conditions it is 0.5 up to 0.9 mm/s. According to the data in Marin Galvin (1992), fixing up lamellas gives the opportunity of decreasing the coagulant dose by 14% in comparison with facilities without them.
KeywordsWater Velocity Alum Dose Coagulant Dose Cohesion Coefficient Prolonged Coagulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Водоснабжение и железодорожном транспорте. C.x. (1952) Bодoснабжение и желеɜодорожном транспоррте.. Трансжееπдориɜдат. Mосква.Google Scholar
- Degremont (1989) Metmento Technique de l’eau. Neuvieme edition, Tome 1.Google Scholar
- Kalinkov P., Monzo J.L. (1992) Decreasing Coagulant Dose by Prolonging Initial Rapid Mixing Time. Annual report of University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, vol.XXXVI, scroll X.Google Scholar
- Κомитет по териториално иисеелишно устройство при MC KXИПИБKC "Bодоканалпроект" (1987) Cборник от методики за изследване на отпадъчни води и утайки. София.Google Scholar
- Marin Galvin R. (1992) Lamella Clarification in Floc Blanket Decanters — A Case Study. J.Wat. SRT. — Aqua, 41, 1, pp. 28–32.Google Scholar
- Miller D., West J. (1968) Pilot Plant Studies of Floc Blanket Clarification. J.Am.Wat.Wks.Assoc., 60, 2, pp. 154–164.Google Scholar
- Mиндц M., Kастальский A.A. (1962) Подготовска водьІ для питиьевого и промищленого водоснабжния. Mосква.Google Scholar
- Monzo J.L., Kalinkov P. (1995) Influence of Geometrical Configuration of Mixer on the Effectiveness of Initial Rapid Mixing in Water Treatment With Alum. Annual report of University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy.Google Scholar
- Tesarik I. (1967) Flow in Sludge-Blanket Clarifiers. J.Sanit.Engng Div., Proc, Am.Soc.Civ.Eng., 93, 6, pp. 105–120.Google Scholar