The state of the energy system and pollution control policy on the background of Poland
The problem of enviromental protection is and will be one of the greatest challenges to humanity. The intensive growth of the population all over the world determines the level of the environmental hazard. This is due to the fact that each inhabitant of our planet occupies and uses an increasing part of the environment with its basic elements: air, water, soil, landscape. Only the way in which a man uses his space determines the possibility to satisfy his needs. At the moment we can observe the threatening geographical changes of the earth, formation of concentrated urban-industrial agglomerations with the whole series of more developed anthropogenic structures that reduce our natural space — the basis of our existence. These changes produce a growing need for different forms of energy. Not only there is a demand for energy such as coal, gas or electricity, but there is a necessity to produce cheap and rational energy services. This, however, is closely related to the recuperation of the energy carriers and fuels, which is the greatest danger to the environment.
KeywordsCombustion Methane Migration Corn Dust
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Energy in Europe. A view to the future (1992) Special Edition of Directorate General for Energy (DG XVII)Google Scholar
- Gêga J (1993) Koncepcja racjonalnego systemu ogrzewania miasta Krakowa (A Concept of Rational Heating System for City of Cracow). Gospodarka Paliwami i Energia, 6: 3–7Google Scholar
- Gêga J (1992) Ways to an Efficient Heating System for the City of Cracow. Air Pollution and Climate Series, Published by The Swedish NGO Secretariat on Acid Rain, 2Google Scholar
- Ochrona srodowiska 1993 (Environmental Protection in Statistics 1993) (1993) Central Bureau of Statistics (GUS), WarsawGoogle Scholar
- Ochrona srodowiska w panstwowej polityce energetycznej (Environmental Protection in the Polish Energy Policy) (1994) Energy Department of Polish Academy of Sciences, WarsawGoogle Scholar