The Reclamation of Saline Soils
Soil salinity is the worst hindrance to crop-growing; the researches of the Desert institute in this field are summarized They are placed in the context of the work done or needing to be done in the five Central Asian republics. The specific, local, geographical factors are sketched in. The traditional method of leaching has both advantages and disadvantages. Of crucial importance for leaching is good, draining. A more modern method is that of crop-growing with salt-friendly crops such as rice. The problem of soil salinization is complicated by difficult environmental problems such as water pollution.
KeywordsPhosphorus Magnesium Depression Sulfuric Acid Lime
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bajenov NK (1973) Saline soils of Kyrgyzia and ways of their melioration. Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek.Google Scholar
- Kamilov OK (1985) Melioration of saline soils of Uzbekistan. Fan, TashkentGoogle Scholar
- Kezim PA (1985) About development of salt-marsh lands of Vakhsh vabley of Tadjikistan. Melioration of soils of USSR arid territories. Ilim, Bishkek.Google Scholar
- Kharin NG et. al. (1993) Explanatory note to map of anthropogenic degradation of soils in Aral Sea basin. Ashgabat.Google Scholar
- Kovda VA et. al. (1967) Melioration of saline soils. Melioration saline and salted soils. Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Mamytov AM (1986) Geochemistry of saline soils and meliorative zoning of Kirgizia. Ilim, BishkekGoogle Scholar
- Pankova EI, Solovjev DS (1995) Remote sensing methods of dynamics of irrigated land salinity for reconstruction of geotechnical systems. Probliemy osvoieniia pustyn: 1995, No. 3.Google Scholar
- Redjepbaev K (1991) Changing of natural meliorative conditions in Karakum canal zone, ways of rational utilization and protection of lands. Referat of dissertation and protection of lands. Seminar paper based on dissertation. Ashgabat.Google Scholar
- Redjepbaev K, Irashkevich I, Tolstolytkin IG (1988) Recommendations on washing out saline soils of Karakum canal zone. Turkmenistan. Ashgabat.Google Scholar
- Redjepbaev K, Esenov P (1987) Changing of soil-meliorative conditions of Khauzkhan massive in connection with irrigation development. Ylym, Ashgabat.Google Scholar