Polypropylene Mesh Repair of Incisional Hernia: Marlex and Prolene Mesh
The technique of polypropylene mesh repair of incisional hernia is applicable to the large, diffuse incisional hernia when there is a tissue defect demonstrated preoperatively.
KeywordsIncisional Hernia Rectus Sheath Marlex Mesh Anterior Rectus Sheath Posterior Rectus Sheath
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Devlin HB, Kingsnorth A, Management of Abdominal Hernias, 2nd Edition Chapman & Hall, London, 1998–07–09.Google Scholar
- 2.Truong SN, Pfingsten F, Dreuw B, Schumpelick V, Value of ultrasound in the diagnosis of undetermined findings in the abdominal wall and inguinal region. Inguinal Hernia, Eds V Schumpelick, GE Wantz. Basel: Karger, 1995; pp. 29–41. Google Scholar
- 8.Devlin HB, Nicholson S, Hernias of the abdominal wall and pelvis: Incisional hernias and parastomal herniation. Operative Surgery and Management, 3red ed. Eds Keen G, Farndon J. Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann, 1994. Google Scholar
- 10.George CD and Ellis H, The results of incisional hernia repair: a twelve year review. Ann R Coll Engl. 1986; 68:185–187.Google Scholar
- 11.Usher FC, Hernia repair with Marlex mesh. Arch Surg 1962; 84:73–76.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1999