New Results of the HEGRA Air Shower Detector Complex
Recent highlight results obtained with the air shower detector complex HEGRA at the Canary island La Palma are presented. Observations and searches for γ sources above an energy of 500 GeV are covered, where special emphasis is put on the recent flaring activities of the Blazar Mkn 501. A second main research topic of the experiment is the measurement of the energy spectrum and the elemental composition of the charged cosmic rays. Data covering the energy region of the “knee” around 3 PeV are presented.
KeywordsCanary Island Supernova Remnant Crab Nebula Primary Photon Main Research Topic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Lindner et al. (HEGRA), Proc. 25th ICRC 5, 113 (Durban 1997) and references therein.Google Scholar
- W. Hofmann, astro-ph/9710297 (1997).Google Scholar
- F. Aharonian et al. (HEGRA), astro-ph/9706019 (1997), acc. by Ast. & Astrophys. Lett.Google Scholar
- R.J. Protheroe et al., astro-ph/9710118 (1997).Google Scholar
- S.M. Bradbury et al. (HEGRA), Ast. & Astrophys.320, L5 (97).Google Scholar
- E.Pian et al. (BEPPO-SAX), astro-ph/9710331 (1997).Google Scholar