A Deterministic Photon and Electron Transport Algorithm for Radiation Dosimetry
The dose calculation algorithm is fundamental to many advances in radiation therapy physics. From simple correction based methods to sophisticated transport methods, the dose calculation algorithm is critical to accurate dose estimation. More sophisticated algorithms also represent a challenge to the speed and memory requirements of even the most modern of computers. For these reasons, the continual development and refinement of the dose calculation algorithm is a necessity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Duderstadt J J and Martin W R 1979 “Transport Theory” Wiley and Sons New York, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Bell G I and Glasstone S 1970 “Nuclear Reactor Theory” Robert E. Krieger Publishing, Malabar, FloridaGoogle Scholar
- Rogers D W O and Bielajew A F 1990 Monte Carlo techniques of electron and photon transport for radiation dosimetry The dosimetry of ionizing radiation 3 427–536Google Scholar
- Berger M J 1963 Monte Carlo calculation of the penetration and diffusion of fast charged particles Methods in Computational Physics 1 135–215Google Scholar
- Starodubtsev S V and Romanov A M 1965 “The Passage of Charged Particles through Matter” Israel Program for Scientific Translation, JerusalemGoogle Scholar