The IGEX-98- campaign: Highlights and perspective
Starting in October 1998, a large international campaign of GLONASS observations, called IGEX-98, has been conducted during a 6 month period. This campaign has involved a large international cooperation worldwide, including GLONASS, GPS and Laser observations and data processing. The goal of this paper is to present the scientific goals of the IGEX-98 campaign, to describe briefly its organization and also to present the preliminary results obtained for precise orbit determination, terrestrial reference frame and timing issues.
KeywordsSatellite geodesy orbit determination satellite positioning time synchronization GLONASS GPS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beutler, G., RE Neilan, II Mueller (1995), The International GPS Service (IGS): the Stroy. In IAG Proc, Springer-Verlag, pp.3–13.Google Scholar
- Boucher C., Z. Altamimi (1996). International Terrestrial Reference Frame, In GPS World, 7, 9, pp 71–74.Google Scholar
- Ineichen D., M. Rothacher, T. Springer, G. Beutler (1999). Computation of Precise GLONASS Orbits for IGEX-98’ .In Proc IAG General Assembly,Birmingham, July 1999, Springer-Verlag, in press. for IUGG Birmingham.Google Scholar
- Langley R. (1997). GLONASS: Review and update. In GPS World, 8, 7, pp 46– 51.Google Scholar
- Lewandowski (1999). Private communication.Google Scholar
- Misra, M., JA Slater (1998). A report of the third meeting of the GLONASS/GPS interoperability working group. In Proc of ION GPS-98, Nashville, USA, Institute of Navigation, pp 2103– 2106.Google Scholar
- Zarraoa, N., W. Mai, E. Sardòn, A. Jungstand, Preliminary evaluation of the Russian GLONASS system as a potential geodetic tool. In Journal of Geodesy 72, 6, pp 356–363.Google Scholar