A Discontinuous Projection Algorithm for Hamilton Jacobi Equations
We present a class of numerical schemes for the numerical integration of first order Hamilton Jacobi equations. The method can be considered as Discontinuous Galerkin scheme, the viscosity solution is directly adapted into the numerical scheme, contrary to other authors.
KeywordsNumerical Scheme Viscosity Solution Triangular Mesh Discontinuous Galerkin Method Hamilton Jacobi Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Harten, B. Engquist, S. Osher and S. Chakravarthy. Uniformly High Order Accurate Essentially Non-oscillatory Scheme,III. J. Comput. Phys., 71, (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Abgrall. Numerical Discretization of Boundary Conditions for Hamilton-Jacobi Equations. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., submitted. Google Scholar
- 3.R. Abgrall. Numerical Discretization of First-Order Hamilton-Jacobi Equations on Triangular Meshes. Comm. Pure Appl. Math., pages 1339–1373, (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.M.G. Crandall and P.L. Lions. Viscosity Solution of Hamilton-Jacobi Equations. Transaction of the American Mathematical Society, 277(1), May (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.M.G. Crandall L.C. Evans and P.L. Lions. Some Properties of Viscosity Solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi equations. Transaction of the American Mathematical Society, 282(2), April (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Hu and C. W. Shu. A Discontinuous Galerkin scheme for Hamilton-Jacobi Equations. SIAM J. Sci. Comp.,to appear.Google Scholar