A Note on the Counter-Example of Patterson—Wiedemann
Following Patterson and Wiedemann , we find new counter-examples for a conjecture of Mykkelveit  related to the covering radius of the first order Reed-Muller code. One of them has a remarkable algebraic structure.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arasu K. T., Haemers W. H., Jungnickel D., Pott A. Matrix constructions of divisible designs. Linear of Algebra and its Applications, 153, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.Constantin J., Courteau B., Wolfmann J. Numerical experiments related to the covering radius of some Reed-Muller codes. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science, editor, Algebraic Algorithms and Error-Correcting Codes, volume 229, pages 69–75. 3rd International Conference AAECC, 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.Dillon J. F. Elementary Hadamard Difference Sets. PhD thesis, University of Maryland, 1974.Google Scholar
- 5.Dillon J. F. Elementary Hadamard difference sets. In sixth SECCGTC, 1975.Google Scholar
- 6.Hou X.-D. Covering radius of the Reed-Muller code R(1, 7) — a simpler proof. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, 74, 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.Lidl R., Niederreiter H. Finite Fields, volume 20 of Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications. Addison-Wesley, 1983.Google Scholar