Evaluation of Clinical Efficiency of rFVlla in Pediatrics
One decade ago recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) was introduced as a new therapeutic agent for hemophilia patients with inhibitors (Hedner U, 1988). Very soon, its beneficial effect was also proved in many other diseases (Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia, Bernard Soulier thrombopathia, acquired coagulopathy in renal and hepatic failure, congenital deficiency of factor V, VII, XI, acquired hemophilia etc.) (Schulman S, 1998, Martinowitz, 1999). Its clinical use was based on the recognition of the crucial role of FVIIa in hemostasis, initiated both on extrinsic or intrinsic pathway, even in primary hemostasis. The definition of the indications and the optimal therapeutic regimen for rFVIIa is an ongoing process; the establishment of the doses and administration intervals for a minimum hemostatic level is obviously cumbersome.
KeywordsAplastic Anemia Hemorrhagic Shock Bolus Administration Severe Hemophilia Clinical Efficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hagen FS, Gray CL, O’Hara P. et al. Characterization of a cDNA coding for human factor VII. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 1986, 83: 2413Google Scholar
- 5.Hedner U, Ljunberg J, Lund-Hansen T. Comparison of the effect of plasma-derived and recombinant human FVIIa in vitro and in a rabbit model. Blood Coag and Fibrinol, 1990, 1: 145Google Scholar
- 6.Hedner U, Feldstedt S, Glazer S. Recombinant FVIIa in hemophilia treatment. In: Hemophilia and von Willebrand’s Disease in the 1990s, Lusher JM, Kessler CM, eds, Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., 1991Google Scholar
- 8.Ingerslev J, Knudsen L, Sindet-Petersen S. Hemostatic efficacy of recombinant factor VIIa in haemophilia patients with inhibitors. Abstract presented at the XXth International Congress of the World Federation of Haemophilia, Athens, Greece, 1992, 12–17. 10Google Scholar
- 9.Kristensen J, Killander A, Hippe E et al. Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) reduces the bleeding time in patients with thrombocytopenia. Abstract presented at the 35th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, St. Louis, USA, 1993, 3–7. 12Google Scholar
- 10.Rappaport S, Nemerson Y, Kisiel W, Lindhal AK, Morrissey J, Wildgoose P, Lyng Hansen L, Nordfang O, Lund-Hansen T, Lusher JM, Ockelford PA, Ingerslev J, Glazer S, Falch JE A report on the ISTH Satellite Symposium: Recombinant Coagulation Factor VIIa: Mechanism of action and clinical experience, New York, 10.07. 1993, p. 1–15Google Scholar
- 11.Glazer S, Hedner U, Falch JE Clinical update of the use of recombinant factor VIIa. Presented at the International Symposium about Inhibitors and Coagulation Factors, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapell Hill, 1993, 3–5. 11.Google Scholar
- 12.Ingerslev J. NovoSeven. Clinical Experience and Recommendation, p.1–22, Kontrapunkt A/S, 1995Google Scholar