Parallel Preconditioners with Mesh Adaptation for Compressible Flow Computations
Parallel domain decomposition techniques and auto-adaptive meshing are combined to solve some large scale problems in compressible flow simulation for aeronautics. In particular, Schwarz type preconditioners are investigated as well as integrated parallel mesh adaptivity and optimisation with the two-fold objective of enhancing solution accuracy and reduce computational costs.
KeywordsMesh Adaptation Schwarz Method Parallel Mesh Schwarz Preconditioner Computer Science Technical Report
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Final Technical Report: European Community BRITE/EURAM III BE 97–4162 Project, VKI, 2002.Google Scholar
- 2.AGARD R-787. Unstructured Grid Methods for Advection Dominated Flows’; May 1992. Google Scholar
- 4.M. Sala, L. Formaggia. Parallel Schur and Schwarz Based Preconditioners and Ag¬glomeration Coarse Correction for CFD problems; EPFL-DMA Report 15–2001. Submitted to Comp. Methods in Appl. Mech. Engng. Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. Weiss. Data Structure and Algorithm Analysis; Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Compagny, 1992. Google Scholar
- 6.P. Leyland, R. Richter. Completely Parallel Compressible Flow Simulations using Dynamic Adaptive Meshes; Comp. Methods in Appl. Mech. and Engng., Vol. 184, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Schloegel, G. Karypis, and V. Kumar. Parallel Multilevel Distribution Algorithms for Repartitioning of Adaptive Meshes; University of Minnesota, Department of Computer Science Technical Report 97–014. Google Scholar
- 8.G. Carey. Computational Grids — Generation, Adaptation and Solution Strategies; ed. Taylor & Francis, 1992.Google Scholar