- 759 Downloads
An automorphism of a subshift of finite type is a homeomorphism of the sub-shift of finite type to itself that commutes with the shift. The automorphisms of a subshift of finite type form a group under composition. In this chapter we study the structure of an automorphism group considered as an abstract group and examine how it acts in the space.
KeywordsAutomorphism Group Finite Group Periodic Point Finite Type Finite Order
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ha]M. Hall, Jr., The Theory of Groups, Chelsea Publishing Co., 1976.Google Scholar
- [H1]G.A. Hedlund, Transformations Commuting with the Shift, Topological Dynamics (J. Auslander and W. Gottschalk, eds.), W.A. Benjamin, 1968.Google Scholar
- [KRW2]K.H. Kim, F. Roush and J. Wagoner, Inert Actions on Periodic Points, preprint.Google Scholar
- [MKS]W. Magnus, A. Karrass and D. Solitar. Combinatorial Group Theory, Dover Publications, 1976.Google Scholar
- [Rn]J. Rotman, An Introduction to the Theory of Groups, 3rd. ed., Allyn and Bacon, Inc., 1984.Google Scholar