Stable Vortex Structures in Axisymmetric Flame Under Oscillating Combustion
A structure of a convective torch of axisymmetric flame in combustion of a propane-air mixture was studied experimentally under the conditions of velocity perturbations on the nozzle section. The flow was visualised by a MachZehnder interferometer and also using stroboscopic photography of the flame proper luminescence. Mean temperature distribution in a torch was studied using a Chromel-Alumel thermocouple. The obtained data show the presence of torroidal coherent vortex structures moving downstream that substantially enhance combustion processes and heat transfer in a torch.
KeywordsVortex Structure Flame Front Flame Structure Velocity Perturbation Fuel Mixture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chuchalin IF (1990) On oscillations of the height of diffusion flames. In: Combustion and electrodynamic phenomena. Chuvashsky University, CheboksaryGoogle Scholar
- Gejdon AG, Wolfhard HG (1959) Flame, its structure, radiation and temperature. Metallurgizdat, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Kayumova DS (1990) Measurement of a heat flux into a wall in vibrational propagation of a flame. In: Combustion and electrodynamic phenomena. Chuvashsky University, CheboksaryGoogle Scholar
- Lamb J (1947) Hydrodynamics. Gostekhizdat, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Martynenko OG, Vatutin IA, Lemesh NI, Khramtsov PP (1989) On motion on the system of successive coaxial vortical rings in a homogeneous liquid. Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 56:26–28Google Scholar
- Podymov VN, Kayumova DS (1966) On appearance of vortices in vibrational combustion. Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 10:676–677Google Scholar
- Podymov VN, Andreyev AV (1990) Vibrational combustion of gas in a tube with a stabiliser. In: Combustion and electrodynamic phenomena. Chuvashsky University, CheboksaryGoogle Scholar
- Weinberg FJ (1986) Advanced combustion methods. Academic Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Zeldovich YB, Barenblatt GI, Librovich VB, Makhviladze GM (1980) Mathematical theory of combustion and explosion. Nauka, MoscowGoogle Scholar