Upwind Prolongations for a Highly—Unstructured Euler Solver
In most cases, CFD-problems to be solved deal with very complex computational domains. In order to generate an accurate solution for the Euler equations in a reasonable computing time, we developed a self-adaptive parallelized Euler Solver with grid generation fully integrated into the computational flow simulation process. A second possibility to limit the computing time beyond parallelization is a multilevel method. The FAS-method is integrated in the solver.
In this paper two prolongation methods which show a better stability behavior are presented. The first method is based on the idea of a special linear combination of the coarse grid corrections. The second prolongation uses the discretization of the partial differential equation to compute a new correction.
KeywordsEntropy Advection Paral Dick
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T.J. Barth. Aspects of unstructured grids and finite-volume solvers for the Euler and Navier-Stokes equations. In Special Course on Unstructured Grid Methods for Advection Dominated Flows, AGARD Report R-787, Neuilly Sur Seine, France, May 1992.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Helf, K. Birken, and U. Küster. Parallelization of a highly unstructured eulersolver based on arbitrary polygonal control volumes. In N. Satofuka, J. Periaux, and A. Ecer, editors, Proceedings of the Parallel CFD ‘85 Conference, Pasadena, USA, 1995. Elsevier.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Helf, K. Birken, and U. Küster. Integrating grid generation and flow simulation based on a highly unstructured euler solver. In N.N., editor, Sixth International Symposium on Computational Fluid Dynamics–A Collection of Technical Papers, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA, September 4–8, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.P. W. Hemker and G. M. Johnson. Multigrid approaches to the Euler equations. In S. F. McCormick, editor, Multigrid Methods, volume 3 of Frontiers in Applied Mathematics, pages 57–72. SIAM, Philadelphia, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Warendorf, U. Küster, and R. Rühle. Multilevel Methods for a Highly Unstructured Euler Solver. In K.D. Papailiou, D. Tsahalis, J. Périaux, C. Hirsch, and M. Pandolfi, editors, Proceedings of the Fourth European Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, volume 1, pages 1252–1257, Athens, Greece, 1998. Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Warendorf and R. Rühle. A Parallel Self-Adaptive Grid Generation Strategy for a Highly Unstructured Euler Solver. In Proceedings of Parallel CFD Conference 1997, Manchester, UK, 1998. Elsevier Science.Google Scholar