Intelligent Data Modeling Based on the Wavelet Transform and Data Entropy
Using a small dataset resulting from a new optical engineering technique for the fingerprinting of beverages and other liquids, we develop and study an approach to quantitatively characterizing the inherent information in our data. To do this we use properties of the data which are related to resolution scale and noise. We demonstrate the effectiveness of such intelligent data modeling.
KeywordsSugar Entropy Dust Compressibility Decon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Donoho, D.L. and Coifman, R.R. (1995): “Translation-invariant denoising”, in A. Antoniadis and G. Oppenheim, Eds., Wavelets and Statistics, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- LAPOINTE, F.-J. and LEGENDRE, P. (1994): “A classification of pure malt Scotch whiskies”, Applied Statistics, 43, 237–257. Online paper and data: http://www.fas.umontreal.ca/biol/casgrain/en/labo/scotch.html Google Scholar
- MCMILLAN, N.D., FINLAYSON, O., FORTUNE, F., FINGLETON, M., Daly, D., TOWNSEND, D., MCMILLAN, D.D.G. and DALTON, M.J. (1992): “The fibre drop analyser: a new multianalyser analytical instrument with applications in sugar processing and for the analysis of pure liquids”, Measurement Science and Technology, 3, 746–764.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- MCMILLAN, N.D., LAWLOR, V., BAKER, M. and SMITH, S. (1998): “From stalagmometry to multianalyser tensiography: the definition of the instrumental, software and analytical requirements for a new departure in drop analysis”, in D. Möbius and R. Miller, Eds., Drops and Bubbles in Interfacial Research, Elsevier.Google Scholar
- MCMILLAN, N.D., RIEDEL, S., MCDONALD, J., O’NEILL, M., Whyte, N., AUGOUSTI, A. and MASON, J. (2000): “A Hough transform inspired technique for the rapid fingerprinting and conceptual archiving of multianalyser tensiotraces”, submitted. MR/1 and MR/2 Multiresolution Software Environment (1999): Multi Resolutions Ltd., httD://www.multiresolution.com Google Scholar
- Starck, J.L., Murtagh, F. and Bijaoui, A. (1998): Image and Data Analysis: The Multiscale Approach,Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- WISHART, D. (1998): “Classification of single malt whiskies”, http://www.clustan.com/malt_whisky.html Google Scholar