Elastic and Inelastic Neutron Scattering on Carbon-12
Cross sections of elastic and inelastic neutron scattering on C-12 have been measured at 13.33, 14.06, 14.53 and 15.82 MeV. The measurements were performed with the PTB multi-angle neutron time-of-flight spectrometer. Neutrons were generated via the D(d,n)He-3 reaction in a deuterium gas target. The data analysis comprises a complete Monte Carlo simulation of the scattering geometry. The data were finally normalized to the n-p cross section by means of an additional scattering sample of polyethylene. The results are compared with ENDF/B-VI and data from the literature.
KeywordsCarbon-12 differential neutron cross sections of elastic and inelastic scattering En = 13.33, 14.06, 14.53 and 15.82 MeV
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Böttger, H.J. Brede, H. Klein, H. Schölermann, B.R.L. Siebert, in Proc. Int. Conf. on Nuclear Data for Basic and Applied Science, May 1985, Santa Fe, N.M., USA, (Eds. P.G. Young et al.) p. 1455, Gordon and Breach, New York (1986)Google Scholar
- 2.G. Börker, R. Böttger, H.J. Brede, H. Klein, W. Mannhart, B.R.L. Siebert, in Proc. Int. Conf. on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, May/June 1988, Mito, Japan, (Edited by S. Igarasi), p. 193, Saikon, Tokyo (1988)Google Scholar
- 3.G. Börker, R. Böttger, H.J. Brede, H. Klein, W. Mannhart, B.R.I. Siebert, Report PTB-N-1, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.S. Cabral, G. Börker, H. Klein, W. Mannhart, Nucl. Sci. Eng. 106, 308 (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.B.R.L. Siebert, H.J. Brede, H. Klein, D. Schlegel-Bickmann, H. Schölermann, Report PTB-ND-20, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (1981)Google Scholar
- 6.G. Dietze, H. Klein, Report PTB-ND-22, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (1982)Google Scholar
- 7.L.F. Hansen, Report UCRL-95890 (preprint), Lawrence Livermore National. Laboratory (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.N. Olsson, B. Trostell, E. Ramström, Nucl. Phys. A496, 505 (1989)Google Scholar