Cross Sections of p-Induced Reactions up to 100 MeV for the Interpretation of Solar Cosmic Ray Produced Nuclides
Integral excitation functions for the production of residual nuclides by proton-induced reactions are the basic data for an accurate modelling of the interactions of solar cosmic ray particles with terrestrial and extraterrestrial matter. In order to improve the still insufficient data base, cross sections were measured for for nuclear reactions of protons up to 100 MeV on 18 elements. Using the stacked foil technique, irradiation experiments were performed at an external beam of the cyclotron at the Svedberg Laboratory/Uppsala. Radioactive residual nuclide production was measured by X- and gamma-spectrometry and by accelerator mass spectrometry for more than 120 target/product combinations. Here, cross sections for the production of 7Be from C, N, O, and Si and of 22Na and 26Al from Mg and Si are presented and discussed with respect to those from earlier work.
KeywordsDust Radium Radionuclide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.H.H. Andersen and J.F. Ziegler, Hydrogen. Stopping Powers and Ranges in All Elements, Pergamon Press (1977)Google Scholar
- 4.C.F. Williamson, J.P. Boyot and J. Picard, CEA-R 3042 (1966)Google Scholar
- 5.J. Tobailem and C.H. de Lassus St. Genies, Additif No. 2 a la CEA-N-1466(1) (1975), CEAN-1466(5) (1981)Google Scholar
- 8.J.M. Dickson and T.C. Randle, Proc. Phys. Soc. London A64, 902 (1951)Google Scholar
- 12.R. Bimbot and H. Gauvin, Compt. Rend. Acad. Sci. Paris B273, 1054 (1971)Google Scholar
- 20.R.G. Korteling and A.A. Caretto, Phys. Rev. Cl, 1960 (1970)Google Scholar