THz generation by photo-ionization of electrically biased air
We present an experimental investigation of the generation of far-infrared (terahertz) pulses by photo-ionization of electrically biased air with amplified laser pulses. The generation process is examined in terms of the radiation pattern and signal dependence on the electric bias field, on the laser pulse energy and on the gas pressure.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Hamster, A. Sullivan, S. Gordon, W. White, and R. W. Falcone, in Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 71, 2725 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Hamster, A. Sullivan, S. Gordon, and R. W. Falcone, in Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 49, 671 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Löffler, F. Jacob, and H. G. Roskos, in Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 77, (17 July 2000) in press.Google Scholar
- 4.Z. G. Lu, P. Campbell, and X.-C. Zhang, in Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 71, 593 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Y. Han, and X.-C. Zhang, in Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 73, 3049 (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.data not shown, to be published elsewhere.Google Scholar