A sharp bound for an eigenvalue moment of the one-dimensional Schrödinger operator
We give a proof of the Lieb-Thirring inequality in the critical case d=1, γ = 1/2, which yields the best possible constant.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Aizenmann and E. H. Lieb: On semi-classical bounds for eigenvalues of Schrödinger operators. Phys. Lett. 66A (1978), 427–429.Google Scholar
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz: Quantum Mechanics. Non-relativistic theory. Volume 3 of Course of Theoretical Physics, Pergamon Press (1958)Google Scholar
- E. H. Lieb and M. Loss: Analysis. Graduate Studies in Mathematics 14, American Mathematical Society 1997.Google Scholar
- E. H. Lieb and W. Thirring: Inequalities for the moments of the eigenvalues of the Schrödinger Hamiltonian and their relation to Sobolev inequalities. Studies in Math. Phys., Essays in Honor of Valentine Bargmann, Princeton (1976)Google Scholar
- B. Simon: Quantum mechanics for Hamiltonians defined as quadratic forms. Princeton Series in Physics, Princeton University press, New Jersey, 1971.Google Scholar
- W. Thirring: A course in mathematical physics. Vol. 3. Quantum mechanics of atoms and molecules. Translated from the German by Evans M. Harrell. Lecture Notes in Physics, 141. Springer-Verlag, New York-Vienna, 1981.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2002