Measurement of the production cross-sections of neutron-rich Kr and Xe isotopes
Several scientific committees, such as NUPECC , have established that neutron-rich beams will provide a wealth of new opportunities for nuclear physics studies. The proton-induced fission of actinide material is a proven mechanism for the production of neutron-rich nuclei, but, within the Eurisol project , new innovations are being tested with the goal of increasing current fission rates by three orders of magnitude.
PACS25.85.Ec Neutron-induced fission 25.85.Ge Charged-particle-induced fission
- 1.R. Bennet et al., NuPECC report on Radioactive Nuclear Beam Facilities (NuPECC, 2000).Google Scholar
- 2.http://www. ganil.fr/eurisol/index. html.Google Scholar
- 3.J.A. Nolen, TWIST 2, Workshop on Target and Ion Source Technology (GANIL, France, 2000).Google Scholar
- 4.http://isolde.cern.ch/.Google Scholar
- 5.U. Georg et al., Nucl. Phys. A., Proc. Radioactive Nuclear Beams 2000 (Divonne-les-Bains, France, 2000), to be published.Google Scholar