Tourism Factors Interaction Analysis – Using Towns with Cultural Heritage as Examples
This study aimed to explore the factors interaction that influence tourist destinations’ attractiveness and the authors used towns with cultural heritage as examples. Eight factors were used to present the conceptualization of tourism destination image (TDI). The DEMATEL method was adopted in this study to investigate the relation and the degree of influences among factors. A questionnaire was designed to collect the data needed for this study. “Beauty of historic-cultural heritage and feelings generated by its perception” and “maintenance/integration of site architecture” are found as the most important of the critical factors respectively. On the other hand, “tourist-cultural management” and “complementary tourist offer or infrastructure” are the factors which dispatches influence most respectively. It is suggested towns with cultural heritage should focus on these factors to increase their attraction.
KeywordsTourism management Towns with cultural heritage DEMATEL
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alberti, F.G., Giusti, J.D.: Cultural heritage, tourism and regional competitiveness: The Motor Valley cluster. City, Culture and Society (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Fontela, E., Gabus, A.: The DEMATEL observer. Battelle Institute, Geneva Research Center (1976)Google Scholar
- 9.Han, C.M.: Testing the role of country image in consumer choice behaviour. Tourism Management 19(4), 313–320 (1990)Google Scholar
- 12.Hunt, J.D.: Image - A Factor in tourism. Dissertation, Colorado State University (1971)Google Scholar
- 16.Nicoletta, R., Servidio, R.: Tourists’ opinions and their selection of tourism destination images: An affective and motivational evaluation. Tourism Management Perspectives, 19–27 (2012)Google Scholar
- 18.Reisinger, Y.: International Tourism. Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd. (2008)Google Scholar
- 20.Sasaki, M.: The role of culture in urban regeneration. Quarterly Journal of Economic Research 27(3), 29–35 (2004)Google Scholar
- 21.Tamura, H., Akazawa, K.: Structural Modeling and Systems Analysis of Uneasy Factors for Realizing Safe, Secure and Reliable Society. Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology 3, 64–72 (2005)Google Scholar
- 23.UNWTO, 2012th edn. Tourism Highlights (2012)Google Scholar