Novel Protocols of Modulation Level Selection in Decode-and-Forward Multinode Cooperative Communication Systems
The efficiency of multinode cooperative communication systems is an important issue to solve. To this end, the adaptive modulation (AM) is adopted. However, with the decode-and-forward (DF) protocol, the uncertainty of the decoding behavior of each relay complicates the support of AM. In this work, we first propose two protocols which are the optimal protocol and the suboptimal protocol to maximize the achievable data rate of the current transmission based on the instantaneous channel state information (CSI) of all links and to maximize the long-term achievable data rate, respectively. Finally, simulation results show the advantages of the proposed protocols.
KeywordsMultinode cooperative communication adaptive modulation decode-and-forward protocol relay selection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Su, W., Sadek, A.K., Liu, K.J.R.: SER Performance Analysis and Optimum Power Allocation for Decode-and-Forward Cooperation Protocol in Wireless Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE WCNC 2005 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Han, Z., Poor, H.V.: Lifetime Improvement of Wireless Sensor Networks by Collaborative Beamforming and Cooperative Transmission. In: Proceedings of IEEE ICC 2007 (June 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Sadek, A.K., Han, Z., Liu, K.J.R.: An efficient cooperation protocol to extend coverage area in cellular Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE WCNC 2006 (March 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Rappaport, T.S.: Wireless Communication Priciples and Practice. Prentice-Hall (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Proakis, J.G.: Digital Communication. McGraw-Hill (2000)Google Scholar