Paying the Way of FPV-ROV with a Function of GSM-GPS Reverse Positioning
ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle) is typically operated by a joystick and a LCD display screen on the water, and the information from the screen is just the underwater image and a few of bald date, voltage, and depth character information in a way of OSD (On-Screen Display). In this paper, a new type of ROV design is presented, the FPV (First Person View) idea in the field of aerial photo was applied to the traditional ROV display system. In one screen, more information like speed, depth, battery, head angle, pitch angle, roll angle, GPS (if on the water), etc., from the ROV were added in. Additionally, a GSM-GPS reverse positioning function was implemented. It is demonstrated that the operator can get an intuitionistic multidimensional information and visual experience under water. And through GSM-GPS, the GPS location of ROV can be sent to operator’s phone at an emergency.
KeywordsROV OSD FPV Positioning
- 2.Bowen, Andrew D et al (2004) Exploring the deepest depths: preliminary design of a novel light-tethered hybrid ROV for global science in extreme environments. Mar Technol Soc J 38.2:92–101Google Scholar
- 3.Salgado-Jimenez T et al (2010) Deep water ROV design for the Mexican oil industry. OCEANS 2010 IEEE-Sydney. University of Sydney, SydneyGoogle Scholar
- 4.Mizosoe, Hiroki et al (2001) An advanced multimedia processing LSI suitable for HDTV applications. IEEE Trans Consum Electron 47.3:420–425Google Scholar
- 5.Senthil Kumar K, Ramesh G, Srinivasan KV (2011) First pilot view (FPV) flying UAV test bed for acoustic and image data generationGoogle Scholar
- 6.Hongmei XU (2009) Research of underwater imaging detection technology in inhomogeneous illumination Field [D]. Ocean University of China, QingdaoGoogle Scholar