A Peer Selection Algorithm Based on Tolerance and Behavior Capacity in P2P Streaming Media System
Considering the long start-up delay and load unbalance, based on the relation model between user behavior and peer selection, a Peer Selection algorithm based on Tolerance and Behavior Capacity (PSTBC) in P2P streaming media system is proposed. First, tolerance of requested streaming media data is computed and sorted. Second, the behavior capacity of the peer is computed according to the user online time. Then request peer selects the peer which has the best behavior capacity as provider. Simulation results demonstrate the validity of the designed algorithm.
KeywordsPeer selection P2P PSTBC Behavior capacity Tolerance
This work is supported by the National Science and Technology Support Program Project under Grant No.2012BAH12F00;the National Science and Technology Support Program Project under Grant No.2011BAH16B03.
- 1.Bononi L, Conti M, Gregori E ( 2000) Design and performance evaluation of an asymptotically optimal backoff algorithm for IEEE 802. 11 WirelessLANs. In: Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii international conference on system sciences, vol 8. IEEE ComputerSociety, Washington DC, p 8025Google Scholar
- 2.Wang G, Shu Y, Fan Y (2003) An efficient resource reservation mechanism in AdHoc networks. Canadian Conference on E-lectrical and ComputerEngineering, l IEEE Press, MontreaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Terzis A, Srivastava M, Zhang L (1999) A simple QoS signaling protocol formobile hosts in the integrated services Internet. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM99. IEEE Press, NY, pp 1011–1018Google Scholar
- 4.Ferreira AR, Jagannathan S, Grama A. (2006) Locality in st ructured peer-to-peer networks. J Parallel Distrib Comput 66 (2) : 257–273Google Scholar
- 6.Zheng X, Zheng Q, LI Q (2010) Comprehensive factors-based scheduling algorithm for P2P media streaming. Comput Syst Appl 19(1): 99–103Google Scholar