Does Such a Large-Scale Wireless Sensor Network Work?
In order to further explore the mechanism about large scale wireless sensor networks, a novel model with deterministic design is proposed . As the network grows, the whole system eventually evolves into a large-scale one. The theoretical analysis and simulation show that the tail of its accumulative degree distribution of nodes along off-diagonal line observes power law property, the average shortest path length linear and the clustering coefficient monotonically increasing. Although building such kind of wireless sensor network might be costly, its overall performance is desirable, and can draw us much more enthusiasm to keep it as upper bound of statistical analysis.
KeywordsLarge-scale wireless sensor network Complex networks Scale-free
The authors wish to express our sincere gratitude to Professor Dinghua Shi for his kind help and support during the whole research.
- 2.Jin YL, Lin HJ, Zhang ZM (2008) Estimating the reliability and lifetime of wireless sensor network. In: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE international conference on wireless communications, networking and mobile computing, 2008 (WiCOM2008)Google Scholar
- 3.He T, Vicaire P, Yan T, Cao Q, Zhou G, Gu L, Luo L, Stoleru R, Stankovic JA, Abdelzaher TF (2009) Achieving long-term surveil-lance in VigilNet. TOSN 5(I):1–39Google Scholar
- 4.Werner-Allen G, Swieskowski P, Welsh M (2005) MoteLab: a wireless sensor network testbed. In: Proceedings of ACM/IEEE IPSN, 2005Google Scholar
- 5.Barrenetxea G, Ingelrest F, Schaefer G, Vetterli M, Couach O, Parlange M (2008) SensorScope: out-of-the-box environmental monitor-ing. In: Proceedings of ACMI IEEE IPSN, 2008Google Scholar
- 6.Dutta P, Hui L, Jeong L, Kim S, Sharp C, Taneja J, Tolle G, Whitehouse K, Culler D (2006) Trio: enabling sustainable and scal-able outdoor wireless sensor network deployments. In: Proceedings of ACM/IEEE IPSN, 2006Google Scholar
- 7.Liu Y, Zhou G, Zhao J, Dai G, Li X, Gu M, Ma H, Mo L, He Y, Wang J, Li M, Liu K, Dong W, Xi W (2010) Long-term large-scale sensing in the forest: recent advances and future directions of GreenOrbs. Front Comput Sci China (Special Issue on Cognitive Sense of China) 4(3):334–338Google Scholar
- 8.Liu Y, He Y, Li M, Wang J, Liu K, Mo L, Dong W, Yang Z, Xi M, Zhao J, Li XY (2011) Does wireless sensor network scale? a measurement study on GreenOrbs. Paper presented at INFOCOM 2011Google Scholar
- 13.Wang HA, Dai GZ (2009) ‘Complex networks’ scale-free features, scale-free phenomenon and control. Science Press, Beijing, pp 54–65Google Scholar
- 14.Rappaport TS (2005) Wireless communications principle and practice. Prentice Hall, New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- 15.Prabh, KS, Deshmukh C, Sachan S (2009, September) A distributed algorithm for hexagonal topology formation in wireless sensor networks. In Emerging technologies and factory automation, 2009. ETFA 2009, IEEE Conference on, IEEE, pp 1–7Google Scholar
- 16.Dinghua S (2011) Theory of network degree distributions. Higher Education Press, Beijing, pp 34–5Google Scholar